■ Visa Application Requirements
■ Traffic Rules in Japan
■ Contact Us
English, Available 24 hours, 365 days a yearTel: 1800 81 8859
- This hotline is designated for visa applicants residing in Malaysia.
- If you are calling from Malaysia, you will be charged a domestic call fee for your call.
- This Hotline will only provide general information regarding Japanese visas.
- The Hotline will not connect you to the Consular Office’s Visa Office (Section). If you need to contact the Consular Office in regards to a pending visa application, please contact the Consular Office directly at 088-254169 during office hours.
Notice: In accordance with Japan government latest border enforcement measures : 1) temporarily suspend visa exemption for Malaysian and 2) temporary entry ban on those who are traveling to Japan from Malaysia, all visa application (Malaysian and non-Malaysian nationals) submitted to Consular Office of Japan in Kota Kinabalu will only be processed after the border enforcement measures has been lifted.
Those who need special consideration for humanitarian purposes, application of diplomatic and official visa, please contact our Consular Section for assistance.
- Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) / Entry & Visa restrictions
- Phased Measures for Resuming Cross-Border Travel
- Application for Visa or Letter of Confirmation of Submitting Required Documentation for Re-entry into Japan for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel
- Re-entry of foreign nationals who possess the status of residence
- Information related to Novel Coronavirus Infection(COVID-19) from Immigration Services Agency
- Visa applicants are required to fill in and submit questionnaire related to COVID-19 (Updated August 28, 2020)
- Visa Requirements for Malaysians
- Visa Requirements for Foreigners Living in Malaysia
- Visa Application Fees
- Frequently Asked Questions
- List of Countries With Visa Exemptions (Short-Term Stay)
Visa Application has to be submitted to the office which covers your current residential area. The Consular Office of Japan in Kota Kinabalu accepts visa applications for applicants living in Sabah, Sarawak, and Labuan.
Currently THREE (3) WORKING DAYS are necessary for processing of visa for normal cases. However, the visa processing might take longer depending on the content of the application.
There is NO urgent visa processing service. You may apply for your visa 3 months prior to entering Japan.
Consular Office of Japan in Kota Kinabalu
For visa enquiries, kindly provide us the following information in your email:
Applicant’s 1. Nationality, 2. Malaysia visa type (work/student/spouse visa & etc), 3. Purpose of visit (Holiday / Visit Friends & Relatives / Business & etc), 4. Tentative travel date, 5. Place of residence in Malaysia
Visa Counter Operating Hours
08:30 - 12:00 hrs
13:30 - 16:00 hrs
Monday to Friday (except Consular Office holidays)
Location and Consular Office holidays